Chattanooga Family Dentistry's Top Ten
By docandy15 on May 12, 2014
Over my years of practicing dentistry, I have made my own top 10 list of things patients tell me why they hated going to their last dental office? See if you can find your favorite:
1. The Needle--Sure the fear of injections and needles is huge for a lot of patients. By using newer techniques and different local anesthetic, we can successfully numb the patient. Sedation Dentistry can be added to help any of our patient’s relax and forget they are in a dental office.
2. The Pain--“Is it going to hurt?” is a phases that if I don’t hear on a daily basis then more than a dozen times a week. Your teeth are a vulnerable, sensitive area of your body, so the threat of dental pain is very real. But with proper pain management, sedation and modern dentistry the pain part of dentistry can be taken away.
3. The Anxiety--This is the build up in a patient’s mind of things they have seen, been told or watched on the movies. Sedation dentistry is a way to get the patient to arrive not only relaxed for their appointment but comfortable throughout the entire procedure.
4. The Drill and Sound--This is the main reason patient’s have the fear because of the amplified sound that comes from your mouth along with the vibrations. The newer drills have a quieter motor along with Sedation Dentistry and head phones with music have made this problem not as high on the list.
5. The Invasion of your personal space--Dentistry is invasive and has to be to get everything completed but doesn’t have to be rough. At Chattanooga Family Dentistry, we strive to graceful, gently and respectful about the care we deliver.
6. The Smell--Nothing in dentistry taste or smells great. We try to add difference neutral scents to our office to counteract those “dental smells”.
7. The Cost--This may be the biggest reason for patients to not come to the dentist. There are several solutions and it starts by getting a proper treatment plan. Once a patient has a treatment plan from Chattanooga Family Dentistry and it has been discussed then a patient can go as fast or as slow as they want to getting to their dental goal of complete health. We have several affordable options as well in case some things just can not wait. Personally, I look upon general health and dental health as necessities. Staying healthy and keeping my teeth is a high priority.
8. The Lectures--If you already feel guilty or embarrassed about your situation, the last thing you want is reasons to feel worse. You don’t need to be scolded into submission, admonished like you’re a helpless child. At Chattanooga Family Dentistry, our goal is to not make you feel bad, guilty or helpless but to show areas that can be improved so you can have that award winning smile.
9. The Poor Service-- Here’s a secret. Where you find great service, you’re likely to find superior quality. They go hand in hand. It’s all about dedication to excellence, and that dedication extends to all aspects. Everything matters.
Look for prompt courteous care where you’re always treated with grace and respect. You want an uplifting experience in which you walk out healthier, happier and smiling more beautifully than when you walked in.
10. The Bad Memories--Unfortunately bad experience can cloud our judgement of positive future dental experiences. Using Sedation Dentistry at Chattanooga Family Dentistry can help ease those fears while relaxing a patient through the needed dental work completed. We have even helped patients overcome their fears and bad memories after several visits under sedation dentistry.
Not quite like a David Letterman Top Ten but something we can help address and show you have dentistry has not only changed but evolved on the last 10-15 years. Let us know how we can help you by setting up a consultation appointment at Chattanooga Family Dentistry. We are great being a top dental office for the Chattanooga and East Brainerd Area. Call today at 423-553-8858.
Related to This
“So thankful to finally have a dentist who knows what he is doing!! Everyone is so friendly and makes me feel welcome. It takes away the anxiety of going to the dentist.” Anna - patient